Thursday 19 September 2013

feedback on terrorism in the media presentation -

Mr
Halsey feedback on my terrorism in the media presentation -

. Great choice of topic

. very wide topic

. too much text on the screen - no rehearsal? struggling to keep up with presentation

. not particularily clear because of the pace : too much to get through

. clearly plenty of good research but presentation needs much narrower focus, good lesson for critical investigation

. what is the argument ? does islam need to be the focus ? perhaps aim for one type of media

. presentation improves in terms of delivery but putting a youtube URL on screen does not really help us in an ignite presentation - we cant see it !.

Self assessment

Overall, I believe my presentation went well because I had a clear focus on my question and argued both sides of my question as well.  Moreover, my research helped me a lot with my presentation as I included real life stories which could be used as evidence in my critical investigation research , Furthermore, the reason why I chose to investigate this topic is because I have an interest in terrorism and how the media portrays terrorism therefore I wanted to focus on the way terrorism is portrayed in the media, however For my critical investigation I will need to narror the topic and focus on one topic which in this case will be 'the representation of muslims in the news'.

No comments:

Post a Comment